BE HERE NOW

Friday, June 20, 2008

peaceful, like heaven on a Sunday


My husband took tonight off. Ahhh, after several weeks of non stop working and being with the kids, he took tonight off and I can't tell you all how much that means to me. We are going to go to get tea and walk on the beach and just be together and I can't tell you how much that means to me. Sometimes I feel like if things are right with he and I, things are just right with the world. He did not sing with us this session with the folk chorale and our concert is tomorrow and there is just something missing there for me. It's just not the same for me without him singing and playing the guitar with us.
Jonah is naked next to me and the girls have spent the morning looking for crickets and spiders. Sadie and Zack found a whole life cycle, the mom spider, the egg sack and the baby spider. I'm not really sure if it was the baby spider or not but it looked like it could be. They are scratched up knees, sunburnt faces summer kids and I love to hear them and see them this way.
Jonah is still attached to my hip at all times. He is still wanting to be held all the time. My new tactic is to just get myself in the best possible physical shape that I can. I have lost 12 pounds this month and have been exercising a lot, really making it a priority. I feel good, life is much more manageable.
John had a great doctors appt the other day. They told him he was way too healthy for a lung transplant at this time and his breathing has not gone down all year long. He immediately wanted to go camping and go in to the city to celebrate the Celtics. As quickly as things got bad this winter, things are peaceful and good now. I feel blessed and alive, awake and renewed.

No comments: