BE HERE NOW

Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Right now I am sitting half on my cat and half on the chair. It sounds kind of cruel but I think the cat likes it. The kids are downstairs and they are watching some mundane Disney channel crap that my mother in law told them was on the TV. I will be down for the Charlie Brown special. I love the Charlie Brown special. Last night we finally had to break down and do some shopping at the mall and every year it gets weirder. We wander around the aisles and we think that maybe we have bought everything in the store at least once but the pieces have gone missing and the game was forgotten and then I start to believe that it does not matter what I am buying for this holiday.
Right now Jonah has marched in to the bedroom and turned on the bathroom light and demonstrated his new trick of unzipping his fly and peeing just like his dad and I have to admit it is the cutest thing ever. How amazing and convenient the male body is.
And now he is laying next to me humming a song he heard on the radio today and I am wondering if there is anything more I should be doing to foster his musical interest and then he is up again. He had grabbed his train flashlight and he is telling me that he thinks we should do something, that maybe we should brush our teeth.
I have my phone near me because I am on call and there has not been a Tuesday night in months where I have not worked but here I sit, not working.
My house is full of lights and Christmas ornaments and Gary has left nothing undone and I am wandering around trying to find things to do but he is Mr. Christmas and I am Mrs. Scrooge.
Next month will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. We will take a long weekend and go away alone and sleep and cuddle and read.
Now Jonah is singing Holly Jolly Christmas in his beautiful soprano voice and he has taken all of my earrings out of my jewelry box and spread them over my bed and he is talking to my toothbrush and I am wondering about what an interesting predictable, very unpredictable world I live in.

No comments: