BE HERE NOW

Thursday, April 24, 2008

spring

We found a funnel webbed spider in our yard today. It was huge and kind of gross and it took us an hour to figure out what kind of spider it was. We had the neighborhood kids in our house looking up all the different pictures on the internet with us and then it was down to being between a wolf spider and a funnel webbed spider but our spider had a web and wolf spiders don't make a web, who knew?
We planted our seedlings finally and started our square foot garden. Ahhh, spring! Beautiful blooming lustrous spring. We played and played in our wonderful yard and all was at peace. Jonah and I drove Molly to work and meandered through Main St. We stopped at the Lone Gull and got a cookie and a cold drink for me and I sipped and he ate as we walked slowly, walking about the birds and watching each other.
Gary and I hunted for poison ivy all through the yard and ripped up several roots and vines. Sadie responded very well to her homeopathic remedy for poison ivy. I am really becoming a believer in this stuff.
Someone passed me on the street and said, "Isn't it nice to have them home this week?" referring to school vacation and I thought, "this is what we do everyday:)"

No comments: