BE HERE NOW

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I went to see the homeopath that Jonah had such luck with a few weeks ago. I went again as a skeptic, reluctant to believe in any of this hocus pocus stuff, while still benefiting from Jonah's happier disposition thanks to Medorrhinum. I went because of some of my own issues, including incessant worrying, insomnia and a sense that I always have to be perfect all the time. He was so nice to me. Again, it was like it was worth it to just go and spend time with him. I feel like he truly knows me. He gave me a remedy called argentum nitricum and with no exageration that evening I felt better, calmer, happier. Weird.
So life has been moving on for the last two weeks. I feel this overriding sense of calm that goes really deep inside myself and those around me are benefiting wildly.
Two days ago I broke out in hives all over my sternum and chest, up and around my throat. I felt horrible, tired and hot. I took everything I could think of just so I could manage working through the itchiness and heat. I took Benedryl and Clariton and got all of these different rubs. It helped a little bit. I had no idea where they all came from. I thought and thought about what I had eaten and where I had been but nothing new. I was confused. Finally Gary told me that I should call the homeopath and so I did. He told me that he thought this was normal and that it was my body's way of releasing the emotional stuff inside of myself as I was letting go physically of all of that worry and anxiety and control.
So weird.
He also told me it would be a better idea if I did not try and suppress all of this physical activity with drugs, that I had to actually go through it all and feel it. Ugh, that sucks! So here I sit, itchy and tired and so amazed by the power of our physical selves. I think a lot lately about what I do in my work and how backwards western teachings are about so many mind body things. I feel changed and new.


No comments: