BE HERE NOW

Monday, December 29, 2008

Jonah and I went to a party today, a birthday party just for three or four year old little boys. It was sweet and charming and I was glad to go. Sadie went with Daddy to a gig in Stratton Mt Vt where they got to listen to Harry Potter and talk about stuff the whole ride. Nora played outside most of the day and Molly came home from her adventures in Maine and now is playing with her new toy a shiny yellow laptop.
I am in the zone. I made a commitment to myself this week that I need to take better care of myself, go to bed earlier, eat better and exercise more. There is not surprise in the fact that of course this makes me feel better and the family flow better and life move on in a happy more satisfying way. I am thankful for the willingness to arrive here this week, before New Years Day, before the hype of quitting things and getting it together.
While I was at the party with Jonah today I had the pleasure to be with him and see him in his boyness and his way. He is a shy boy and so it usually takes him a little time to warm up but that is ok and he is a child who does not play all the games, some, like pin the tail on the donkey he will not play because of his vision, but others he will not play because he doesn't want to.
That's ok, I like that about my kids. They are generally friendly and good natured but they won't do something they don't want to.
Sometimes this is tricky. For example, sometimes I would like Sadie to get it in gear and get on my agenda and then unschooling is more challenging. I try and remember that these are moments for her in a whole spectrum of time and space. I try and remember my most independent child and how she is turning out and I couldn't be more impressed and in awe of her these days.

No comments: