BE HERE NOW

Thursday, October 29, 2009




Scrabble seems like a good idea laying on my bedroom floor on a sunny Sunday or a cloudy Tuesday. Making cupcakes seems like a good idea today, two days before the ghosts come out to gather treats and tricks. Listening to music or watching a movie seemed like a good idea to some of us last night but Nora was tired and she said so and so I downloaded a witchy tale for her from our library and she dozed on and off in a feverish haze all through the night.
When I was a child I had many hours of someone telling me what to do and the places that I needed to be but then I had many hours of no one directing me. It was in this confusion that I was lost. That is why I am here
suggesting that maybe it would be fun to make cupcakes of play music together or maybe it is really a good idea to go up in to your room and build on your own.
Nora has made me a scary tie dye ghost out of an old colorful table cloth and an apple and she has come whizzing through my bedroom now with it in hand in all ghostly earnest.
She wants to know how to tie it up and I tell her my idea and off she goes,
half ghost half fairy, six for only a few more days.
Molly runs in half out of breath, having had her last driving test, no longer fairy but now wanting to fly off on her own.
There are things for me to sign and more for me to do and I am happy to do it.
Jonah is not at my heel and so he must be either in the basement playing music or breaking something somewhere and I am thinking about his squishy baby hands
and even breathing feels alright.

No comments: