BE HERE NOW

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy

We are busy these days. I accepted a per dium position today with Hospice of the North Shore which I am so excited about but at the same time I will be staying with most of my clients in my current job and working the emergency rooms once in awhile. We are busy.
Gary has been getting offer after offer and will be playing in NYC again in a couple of weeks. He is moving his teaching day from Needham to Gloucester on Mondays and recruiting new students. He is playing weddings every weekend this fall and trying to learn all the Spanish music for the Family Folk Chorale including a 7 minute song he is singing alone all in Spanish. He is busy.
Sadie has started her ecology class on Mondays and continues to do swimming, gymnastics, drama choir and Family Folk Chorale. We are reading a really intense book for her book group. She has taken it upon herself to get out all of her Top Secret books on the different countries and reread them and is drawing and creating art like I have never seen her do before. She is busy.
Molly and I are going away the weekend of the 7th of November to look at colleges and to spend the weekend together in Western Mass. She is taking her courses and ending her job at the Y while she picks up volunteer work at Wellspring. She is taking a Boxing class and has recommitted herself to cooking healthier. She is busy.
Nora and Jonah play on, they are building all sorts of fun things in their play room and singing and drawing and reading and destroying my house. They have a language all their own that they speak when they are in their beds at night to each other. They are each others best friend and they call each other that when asked. They are truly busy learning so much every day.
We got a new kitty cat named Harry and so we have all taken to fixing up a spot for him and loving him and getting up at night to care for him. Sadie has made him her little baby and rocks him to sleep at night. Really sweet.
I am weighing the opportunity which arose last week to run the Boston Marathon for The Perkins School for the Blind which has given our family so much. I am still on the fence although I think it would be great for me to do as well as would be helpful to be that physically fit if I am going to be this busy!!!

No comments: