BE HERE NOW

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oprah on Tuesday


It is Tues afternoon and my children have been outside playing all afternoon in the drizzly rain. I cleaned the house, prepared for dinner, got Sadie's swim bag ready for swim team and did some paper work for work and then I was left there wondering what to do with myself. So I turned on Oprah. Initially I forgot which channel she is on and then I wondered whether possibly she was still on the air, in fact I wondered whether she was still alive at all! What am I going to do with myself when these kids do get older and more independent, who am I anyhow? Oprah, the couch, a bowl of raspberries, do other people actually do this as a regular kind of thing?
I have to admit, I cannot just blame my children, it is inherent in me that I be busy. I have been busy since birth. I have been redecorating my bedroom since I could walk and learning new things as much as possible. I had a list of things to do in Kindergarten and I have about 800 different renditions of "What I Want to be When I Grow Up."
Molly came home from her college courses and told me that her psych professor reminded her of me and it got her thinking that I should teach a class and I actually entertained the idea, in fact I even made some phone calls to steer myself in that direction.
I guess once you have three jobs, what's a fourth?

No comments: