BE HERE NOW

Thursday, January 31, 2008


Thirteen Things about YOUR NAME



1. My name means Irish maiden.
2. My name is also a boys name although I have never seen it spelled Kelli for a boy.
3. My mom thought it would be neat and fun to have a different spelling for my name. She was a hippie.
4. I am not a hippie and did not think it was fun and neat to have this different spelling.
5. Because of #4 I spelled all of my children's names the ways that you would find them on the rulers and mugs in a store, Molly, Sadie, Nora and Jonah.
6. Gary used to joke that my full maiden name sounded like a cookie, the Kelli Crombie Cookie.
7. I really like my name and I love when people call me by my name, especially my husband.
8. During two periods of my life people called me Kelli Ann. When I was a little girl they called me Kelli Ann and when I worked for Bread and Circus people called me Kelli Ann too. It just worked out that way and I liked it.
9. One of my coworkers at B&C called me Kelli Hahn with a british accent which evolved to Hahn which people in that particular Newton store would probably still call me if I walked in there today.
10. For a brief period of time in high school I spelled my name Kheli. My friend Mariclaire told me that it looked like the word phlegm and so I stopped.
11.The names Kelli, Gary, Molly and Sadie are why our last two are names Nora and Jonah (no more eee sound)
12. I have been told I look like a Kelli.
13. My father chose my name.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 comments:

Christa said...

That is a great list, Kelli! Funny. And your name does suit you. It's friendly.

pussreboots said...

Interesting list about your name. Happy TT.