BE HERE NOW

Thursday, May 29, 2008

last weekend and other musings

">











I think I am starting to come out of my funk. I have decided to do something about my sugar intake and overall nutritional health. I think those things are important and I think I have been in denial about them both for a long time. I am also going to try and lose some weight which is not something I typically like to focus on because I am not sure it is that healthy mentally for me but I think I will be more comfortable not carrying around this extra 20 pounds.
We had a great weekend, although I was still a little cranky. Gary had his festival this weekend and all of the members of his old band were there. It was fun and it was really nice to see old friends. The kids had a great time, including Molly who was front and center dancing. Sadie discovered a huge hula hoop and hula hooped for three hours straight and Nora played with friends she just randomly made. Jonah was a little cranky until Gary started playing and then he got his guitar and played along with him on our blanket for his whole 90 minute set. It was sweet.
I realize how far our lives have come when I am at festivals like this. The amount of drinking and drugs is astonishing to me and although I was never a pot smoker to begin with I think I am more aware of it now. That part was a bummer.
We stayed in a nice hotel and then in the morning laid around all morning, ate breakfast in bed and watched the Three Stooges. That was my favorite part I think.
We went in to Amherst on the way home to show Molly UMASS Amherst and I think she liked it. She kept talking about how old everyone would be when she went to college and we figured out that Sadie would be 10 and Nora would be 7 and Jonah would be 5 and that kind of weired us all out. Then we talked about things she could major in and what dorm life would be like. Amazing how fast her young life has gone by.
We went to Amethysts Brook in Pelham for a long hike and we had a really wonderful time there. Sadie found this tree that was all hollowed out and she was able to climb up in to it and she thought that was really cool and Nora and Jonah had fun jumping in and out of the brook. I think Molly gets thoughtful at times like these and she was in her own little world. We were also tired at that point. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

No comments: