BE HERE NOW

Sunday, May 4, 2008

My husband Gary is a musician. This used to be a funny bone of contention. I wasn't supposed to marry a rock and roll guy. I was supposed to marry some sort of accountant or something, maybe a social worker like me. As I get older I appreciate his fun lifestyle a little more.
Gary played on Friday night and had a friend of ours, Chris sing back up vocals for him on a couple songs. This meant that some of our "adult world" friends came. It was really nice to hang out with all of my friends and weird and surreal to be intertwined with both groups of friends, the friends who I did crazy things with in my twenties and my "adult friends" who I am fairly certain did crazy things with their friends in their twenties too.
For some reason on Friday night it was not difficult to mesh my worlds and enjoy myself, maybe I am entering a more mature stage of life.

No comments: