BE HERE NOW

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day


Today is Labor Day and as with most holidays of this nature one of us was working, this time it was Gary. It felt like an everyday and that was sort of ok with me until the neighbors went off to the beach and I started to feel yukky, fevery and tired then I began to wonder about what I was missing. All around me today people were headed to the beach and headed to something fun and cool and me and the kids were stuck hanging around the house. Jonah ran a fever which lead me to think less that I have Lyme Disease and more that he and I have a virus, we slept together for three hours while Molly listened for the girls and the girls watched an enormous amount of TV.
This is all ok, right?
I hate TV. I hate the thought of TV and my children sitting in front of the TV even once in a while and then I hate that I hate it that much........
ugh, I can't win!
So the next door neighbors are back and it is almost 7 and the kids are all outside playing like crazy. In two days they will go back to school and although I am relieved for the peace, there is another thing that the world is doing and we are not. The idea of picking out a cute outfit and getting new notebooks and having that first week is somehow appealing to me today. Definitely not appealing enough to actually go through with it all but you know kind of appealing.
Sadie just got off the phone with her friend Sophie. They talked about some of the homeschool kids that they know that will be going to school this year and when I asked her if she thought about it she looked at me bewildered.
She told me that this new friend that she made from down the road told her she was the luckiest person in the whole world, in the whole world. When she asked him why he told her because she lived in a place like a fairies house and because she never had to go to school.
I did buy them all some new outfits and some new notebooks but my kids don't really care about those things, they are way too busy playing.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Ha! My kids are starting public school in two days and I am on here trying to find homeschool moms and just gather some info. I totally envy you!

I've always been fascinated by homeschooling and thought it was a great option, but maybe I was too selfish with my time...but in the last three years that my daughter was in school, two of them were horrible.