BE HERE NOW

Friday, March 28, 2008

Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans


I had a plan that we would read a lot of books this afternoon. I went to the gym and while I was on the treadmill I mapped out the different books I would like to read with the kids and thought of all the fun and educational opportunities to be had. I had a fantastic run and when I came home felt elated and happy. Sadie was wrapping up some math stuff that Gary was working on with her and Nora and Jonah were building these really cool elaborate castles with blocks and legos and "guys" and the Easter bunny soaps that my mother in law had bought for them. Gary went off to work and I offered them book reading time which normally they love. Nora jumped at the opportunity but Sadie had other plans. She slipped in to my mother's house and before I knew it they were up in the room with us where she taught Sadie how to do Chinese jumprope, which by the way came quickly back to me even though I cant even remember the last time I Chinese jump roped.
Anyhow, as we got back to reading Sadie was distracted by her new skill and tried to get my mom to do it some more with her but my mom was tired and so offered her a lesson at how to play hearts.
So I guess we are not going to read books.
Sandra Dodd always says "everything counts". This is one of those times. Jonah has disappeared off to his room, I think he is making me a surprise in his diaper and I really need to take a shower anyway.
I'm so blessed to live next to my mother. I really am!
Here is a picture of my mom high fiving Molly at Christmas.

No comments: