BE HERE NOW

Wednesday, February 27, 2008


Thirteen favorite things about being part of the Family Folk Chorale


1.Singing unabridged, uninhibited
2. Community, friendship, love
3. Watching something come together from nothing to something really wonderful
4. Monday nights every Monday being with all four of my children, my husband and my mother singing together.
5. Watching our director sing
Wimoweh by the Weavers with a straight face.
6. Learning about singers, their lives, their passions and their songs
7. Sectional rehearsals or general rehearsals where all 60 of us try to cram ourselves in Jane and Chris's house, it's warm, it's cozy and at times it's crazy.
8. Watching my children use a microphone and stand in front of an audience with such confidence and grace.
9. Surprising myself with my own unknown confidence in this endeavor.
10. Parties, food, talk.
11. The grounding peace I get from the way the sessions are organized around other things in our life.
12. Singing "Child of Mine" with my husband and then recording it together for a CD.
13. Watching my children play "ghosts in the graveyard" at Jane's house on a warm fall night until late at night and knowing that all the other kids on the street were tucked away for school.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



No comments: